The course is aimed at law students and professionals who are non-native English speakers with the focus on the fundamentals of international legal English of Anglo-Saxon and Anglo-American jurisdictions in practice.
The required level of general English proficiency is intermediate to upper intermediate. Course will be held 100% in English.
The main objectives of the course are:
- to increase law practitioners’ range of vocabulary of legal English,
- to practise and increase comprehension of legal texts in various areas of law with a hands-on approach,
- to gain confidence in communicating in applied legal English language, both in speaking and writing
- to extend the knowledge of international legal English practice.
A broadly communicative methodology and a text and task-based approach is used. Pair and group work is an important part of the learning process. The reading texts are authentic or semi-authentic and provide context for international English legal vocabulary.
Francisca Garcia-Huidobro Rosene
2013 Oxford Brookes University, UK. Master of Artas in Education (TESOL)
2001 Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile Law School – Pending Bar Exam
1998 Pontifica Universidad de Chile Bachelor of Science.
– Lugar: Sede San Carlos de Apoquindo, Av. La Plaza 680, Las Condes.
– Duración: 30 horas, distribuidas en 15 sesiones.
– Fechas: 4, 8, 10, 11, 17, 18, 22, 24, 25, 29, 31 de Agosto y 1, 5, 7 y 8 de Septiembre
– Horario: 19:00 a 21:15 hrs.
– Periodo de postulación: hasta el 4 de Agosto de 2016
– Valor: $450.000