- Modalidad Online
- Fecha de Inicio 11 May 2021
- Fecha de Término 6 Jul 2021
- Horario 18:00 a 20:00 hrs. Martes y Jueves
Among the main areas covered are the following:
– A Career in the Law: Course descriptions; graduate recruitment programs; legal systems; bodies of law, types of law and courts;
– Contract Law: Contract law; understanding contracts’ elements and style of a contract (UK and US law) vs Chile (offer, acceptance, consideration, intention); contracts and statutes; different types and parts of contracts (contract clauses); remedies for breach of contract – litigation; conditions and warranties;
– Tort Law: Tort law; case note; letter threatening legal action; frivolous lawsuits;
– Criminal Law: Criminal law; white-collar crime: insider dealing and market abuse;
– Company Law: Company law; company formation and management (who does what in company law): memorandum of association (UK); articles/certificate of incorporation (USA); corporate governance disputes; letter of advice (lawyer to client); company capitalisation/company; and, fundamental changes in a company; breach of Companies Act;
– Commercial Law: Commercial law; commercial agency contract/agreement between an agent and principal in international trade (ICC Model Commercial Agency Contract);
– Real Property Law: Real property law; lease or tenancy agreements;
– Litigation and Arbitration;
– International Law;
– IRAC Structure for drafting legal documents.
The main goals of the course are:
– to increase law practitioners’ range of vocabulary of Legal English,
– to practise and increase comprehension of legal texts in various areas of law with a hands-on approach,
– to gain confidence in communicating in applied Legal English language, both in speaking and writing, and
– to extend the knowledge of International Legal English practice.
The course is aimed at law students and professionals who are non-native English speakers with a focus on the fundamentals of international legal English of Anglo-Saxon and Anglo-American jurisdictions in practice.
The required level of general English proficiency is intermediate to upper intermediate. Course will be held 100% in English.
- Valor arancel $550.000
- Descuentos 20% alumni. 15% abogados colegiados y Caja de Compensación Los Andes
La Universidad del Desarrollo se reserva el derecho a dictar o no el programa si no existe el mínimo de participantes requerido.